Saturday, September 29, 2012

Paleo Resources...

So here are some places that I've been that have a CRAPLOAD of information regarding the 'Paleo lifestyle'.  I don't think I would venture to say that I have made a LIFESTYLE change in doing paleo.  My lifestyle change happened when I started my freaking trek from 296.  However, my family is NOT paleo, my husband eats what I make for dinner (paleo), and my kids still have an abundance of goldfish and Pirate Booty.  However, their exposure to more veggies and fruits have them inherently eating more of it.  I'm no saint, I know it would be good, but for now the only battle I'm willing to wage is with myself.  Anyhooo...I have needed some guidance in knowing what I can and can't eat and here's what I've looked to!

Great, easy list of to eat and not to eat:  Practical Paleo Living Food List
The guru of Paleo Lifestyle stuff:  Robb Wolf

That's just a start... seriously there is SO MUCH stuff out there.  Also, there's lots of variance.  I say pick the pieces that feel right.  For me, I've cut alcohol completely for the first 30 days.  Also, I have chosen no honey or sweeteners whatsoever (at least for the 30 days).  I'm also limiting dried fruits because of the high sugar because I DO want to lose weight.

I'll post "recipes" and pictures when I make something worthwhile, but I'll also do my best to at least post what I DID have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so it helps with some meal ideas!  I'm not a fancy cook, but I can cook.  I don't like to buy crazy ingredients so chances are good I'm not going out for 'coconut crystals' and crap like that.  I'm just gonna' eat easy food that's easy to prepare.  Also, it has to taste GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment