Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trying to make it all happen...

I don't know about anybody else, but mornings are REALLY nutso around here.  Between getting myself ready (and looking at least a LITTLE bit presentable), getting the girls situated, and getting my shiz together for the gym, my lunch, and whatever other items I am taking to school with me that day, the last thing I need to concern myself with is my breakfast.  Now... I need to divulge fully here... I RARELY make my own breakfast in the morning.  For a long time, pretty much since forever, my hubs makes my breakfast.  He also will pack my lunch (pre-paleo) and he packs the girls' lunches.  I'm sure most people would stop here and say, "Well then what the hell are you worried about?"  My answer is:  I DON'T KNOW!!!!  But for whatever reason, I struggle in the mornings and doing paleo has thrown a kink into the system because poor Jojo just doesn't know what to make for me!  Enter the breakfast casserole.  Last week we used all our DUH-LISH fresh produce and some fantastic breakfast meat and mixed it up with some eggs.  VOILA... breakfast for the week.  This week, from Farmer's Market, we got some fresh country sausage and lots of veggies.  This week the ingredients were as follows:
  • onion
  • pepper
  • zucchini
  • spinach
  • country sausage
  • salt & pepper (and some cayenne)
  • eggs (18)
Brown the meat, remove from pan, saute the veggies, wilt the spinach, replace the meat.  In a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray (which I know the cavemen didn't have... but it makes everything so much more simple), spread and even out the meat and veggies.  Then pour the beaten eggs over the top and stir it around and make sure everything is pretty evenly distributed.  Throw it in a 350 degree oven until it's set (I just squish on the top after a while and see if it's runny or not!).  It feeds both myself and my husband all week and it's SUPER good.  I like to eat it with avocado and tomato on top.  SO GOOD and it makes breakfast so much more doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment